MBSR summer session now open for registration!
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program: Mindfulness as described by Jon Kabat-Zinn is ‘the intentional cultivation of nonjudgemental moment-to-moment awareness’.
The Proactive Pelvic Health team offers the MBSR program as developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in 1979. This program consists of eight weekly 2 hour sessions and a one-day retreat (on a weekend), designed to help you learn, practice, and integrate mindfulness into your everyday life. Highly supportive and structured, this program will provide you with:
– Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
– Group dialogue & mindful communication exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
– Individually tailored instruction
– Daily home assignments & practice materials including cds and the book “Full Catastrophe Living” by Jon Kabat-Zinn
The MBSR program is beneficial for people with a variety of conditions and concerns:
– Medical conditions – including chronic pain, fibromyalgia, cancer, high blood pressure, & heart disease
– Psychological distress – including anxiety, depression, & fatigue
– Prevention and Wellness
Our 2013 summer session is now open for registration. The course will take place every Wednesday from 630-830pm starting on June 12th and ending on July 31st. A one-day retreat will take place on Saturday, July 27th.
All class participants are required to attend an orientation session on Wednesday, June 5th from 630-830pm. Orientation is free of charge and gives you a firsthand taste of mindfulness, a chance to better understand the program, and an opportunity to meet the course instructor.
Cost: $200 for 21 hours of direct instruction + $50 for course materials
For more information, please contact email@example.com