Staying Safe and Calm during COVID-19
We understand that many of you may be concerned about going about your day-to-day lives during this time, but all of us at Proactive Pelvic Health Centre want to reassure you that we have your health and wellness as our highest priority. Due to the nature of the services we provide as a pelvic health facility, we have always maintained the highest standards regarding infection control and hygiene. Many of these infection control policies have always been in place at our facility but we would like to share with you what we do and will continue to do; as well as what we ask of our clients.
How Proactive Pelvic Health Centre is helping to protect and keep you safe:
- You will notice upon your arrival to the clinic that there is a self-screening sign. We require that all clients self-screen prior to entering the clinic. Should you not pass the screening protocol, no problem! We will help you reschedule your appointment and waive our cancellation fee.
- Hand sanitizer is available in all treatment rooms and the reception area. We ask that clients use the hand sanitizing stations prior to their appointment and upon leaving the clinic.
- Disinfecting of treatment tables, furniture, computers & clinic equipment, door handles & light switches and other common areas is completed throughout the day and at the end of the day with hospital grade disinfectant.
- Our facility is also professionally cleaned daily and cleaning providers are ensuring special attention is given to touched surfaces in the common areas of the building, especially door handles, elevator buttons, and handrails.
- All our treatment table linens are single-use and professionally cleaned.
- We have posted information in the waiting room about COVID-19 and proper hand washing/sanitizing protocols as recommended by Health Canada and Toronto Public Health
- We have removed all communal magazines and reading materials in the waiting room
- We have updated our appointment reminder notices to clients to help screen for sickness
- We have implemented staff self-quarantining for a minimum period of 14 days should anyone exhibit any symptoms OR has travelled outside of Canada. As of right now we are all feeling very healthy and grounded with no plans to travel outside of Canada.
- We will refrain from shaking hands but we promise to keep smiling
What we ask of our clients:
- If you are experiencing any signs of COVID-19 (see infographic and video below) we respectfully ask that you please stay home to avoid spreading it to others, and call our clinic so we can help you reschedule your appointment.
- If you have travelled outside of Canada or have been in contact with someone that has, we ask that you delay your appointment for two weeks. Please call the clinic and we would be happy to reschedule your appointment.
- Avoid touching your face and please practice good hand hygiene as per infographic below. Twenty seconds of hand washing seems like forever for many, so might as well sing while you’re at it.
- Practice proper cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Practice social distancing during your day-to-day life.
COVID-19 Information and Resources
Please keep yourselves safe by understanding more about this virus. Good resources to access include:
The information and pictures shared on this post are available on the websites of the organizations above.
If you prefer, watch this video from the World Health Organization:
PPHC continues to keep normal office hours and our staff are here to continue to serve you. We will keep you updated should there be any changes. But for now, we wish you all good health and please stay safe.