COVID-19 In-Clinic Protocols
Hello Proactive Pelvic Health Centre Community!
We are so happy to be welcoming you back to our clinic as of Monday June 1, 2020. We are looking forward to seeing both new and familiar (masked) faces again! It has been a very trying time but as our economy begins to slowly re-open, we are grateful to be able to get back to serving you next week.
Proactive Pelvic Health Centre wants to reassure you that we have your health and wellness as our highest priority. Due to the nature of the services we provide as a pelvic health facility, we have always maintained the highest standards regarding infection control and hygiene. Many of these infection control policies have always been in place at our facility but we would like to share with you our updated protocols for both staff and clients.
How Proactive Pelvic Health Centre is helping to protect and keep you safe:
- You will notice upon your arrival to the clinic that there is a self-screening sign. We require that all clients self-screen prior to coming to the clinic, but to complete the online screening tool you will receive via email within 2 hours of your in-clinic appointment. Should you not pass the screening protocol, no problem! We will help you reschedule your appointment and waive our cancellation fee.
- Hand sanitizer is available in all treatment rooms and the reception area. We ask that clients use the hand sanitizing stations prior to their appointment and upon leaving the clinic.
- Disinfecting of treatment tables, furniture, computers & clinic equipment, door handles & light switches and other common areas is completed throughout the day between each client session and at the end of the day with hospital grade disinfectant.
- Our facility is also professionally cleaned daily and cleaning providers are ensuring special attention is given to touched surfaces in the common areas of the building, especially door handles, elevator buttons, and handrails.
- All our treatment table linens are single-use and professionally cleaned
- We have posted information on the clinic door, reception and waiting room about COVID-19 and proper hand washing/sanitizing protocols as recommended by Health Canada and Toronto Public Health
- We have removed all communal magazines and reading materials in the waiting room
- We encourage contactless payment and e-receipts with client consent
- We have implemented daily staff health screening and protocols have been put in place should staff members fall ill. As of right now we are all feeling very healthy and grounded with no plans to travel outside of Ontario.
- We will refrain from shaking hands but we promise to keep smiling. 🙂
What we ask of our clients:
- If you are experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 we respectfully ask that you please stay home to avoid spreading it to others, and call our clinic so we can help you reschedule your appointment.
- If you have travelled outside of Canada or have been in contact with someone that has, we ask that you delay your appointment for two weeks. Please call the clinic and we would be happy to reschedule your appointment.
- It will be mandatory for all clients to wear a mask (cloth or medical) while in our facility and ensure hand cleaning/sanitizing pre and post treatments.
- Be mindful of keeping your physical distance while in the clinic and to please take note of floor markers in reception to help maintain your distance.
- Avoid touching your face and please practice good hand hygiene as well as proper cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Practice social distancing during your day-to-day life
We also ask all clients to please watch the video below prior to coming in for in-person appointments so you understand our ‘Client In-Clinic Procedures During COVID 19’.
Virtual Care is Still Available:
For those that are not yet quite ready to return to in-person care, virtual/online therapy is still an excellent option for clients that want to get started with improving their health and wellness. We also strongly recommend those more vulnerable populations (such as those whom are immuno-compromised or over 70 years of age) to begin their care via virtual means. Your therapist will then be able to guide you on the most appropriate treatment plan going forward (in-clinic, virtual or a combination).
Other Resources you may find Helpful:
- hand sanitizing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnSjFr6J9HI
- hand washing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IisgnbMfKvI
- About Non-medical masks and face coverings: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/prevention-risks/about-non-medical-masks-face-coverings.html
- How to put on, remove and clean non-medical masks and face coverings: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/prevention-risks/how-put-remove-clean-non-medical-masks-face-coverings.html
- COVID-19 Patient Screening Guidance: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/coronavirus/docs/2019_patient_screening_guidance.pdf
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or call us at 647-352-7742. If you would like to book an appointment now, please use our online booking page to do so.
Thank you for your patience and see you soon!
Angelique Montano-Bresolin is a graduate of the University of Toronto Physical Therapy program and has been practicing as a Registered Physiotherapist for over 20 years with a specialty practice in pelvic health. Her extensive post-graduate training has included courses to assess and treat all genders and ages with concerns such as: incontinence, abdomino-pelvic pain and sexual pain in many populations including: pre and postnatal, post-surgical, post-menopausal and post-cancer. In 2012, she founded Proactive Pelvic Health Centre in Toronto, Ontario.